Thursday, September 23, 2010

TIPPING YOUR TATTOO ARTIST

have you ever wondered how much you should tip your tattoo artist??? you're not alone,I hear this alot.Whats an apropriate tip??? really depends on how happy you are.Just like anywhere else in life ,if the service was great,tip away.If it sucked.......fuck em.As an artist i have gotten $20 tips for $200 tattoos and $500 tips for $500 tattoos.If you can afford it 20% is great and if not,just show your appreciation however you can.A simple thank you will suffice but I'm tellin you,tattoo artists love to be fed..Speaking for myself,I work 60 to 90 hours a week which doesn't leave alot of time for healthy eating.I've had cute little old ladies bring me back homemade cookies or a plate of chicken that made me feel more loved than cash ever could.It doesn't always have to be about money but don't quote me on that.Artists rely heavily on tips just like waitresses.Our overhead is huge. So basically if you want a happy artist,do your part to make him or her happy BUT make em earn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment